Sunday 14 February 2010

1st place @ FWQ Fieberbrunn

Yeahhhhhhhh!! Totally stoked about winning a FWQ event!

Big Mountain, Fieberbrunn/ AUT, 1st place @ FWQ

Emilien Badoux(SUI/2.) Max Zipser(AUT/1.) Daniel Furberg(SWE/3.)


Good snow conditions, blue sky and a winning line ;) - what a perfect day!!

I went for a spectacular line on the lookers right part of the Wildseeloder north face. First I had to tarvers above a no fall zone to my first drop into a steep landing, followed by riding a spine that ended with a double drop. At the lower part I jumped some smaller stuff and finished with a straight line...

I`m stoked that I could ride my line like planed, sticked all my drops really clean and had a fast run. To win this competition, specially in Austria next to my home, is just awesome and we all enjoyed the party till late night...

So far, after 4 ouf of 6 Freeride contests, which I want to take part this winter, I'm super satisfied and I have still the chance, to battle for the Freeride World Champion title 2010!!

Looking foreward having a good time riding some peaks in Austria the next two weeks, before I go to Squaw/ USA.


Wildseeloder - contest face


past contest results:

2010:

1. FWQ Fieberbrunn/ AUT
3. FWQ EngadinSnow, St. Moritz/ SUI
2. FWT Chamonix/FRA (instead of Sochi/ RUS)
14. FWT Chamonix/ FRA (big crash at the end of a good run)

2009:

2. FWT Tignes/ FRA
4. FWT Verbier/ SUI
2. FWQ Monterosa / ITA
4. FWQ Fieberbrunn/ AUT
8. FWT Sochi/ RUS

No comments:

Post a Comment