Monday 7 March 2011

FWT Russia

Sitting in the hotel and watching the snow flakes falling down... that is what we are doing today, as ski resort is closed because of too much snow! No joke, started this night and same forecast for the next days. Wish I could bring some snow back home, but exess package is just to expensive ;)

06:00 first gondola up on the mountain

Contest is done, got 6th place overall here in Russia. We have had two contest runs on different faces, an easy first day and an interesting venue for the second day. I ended up 7th place the first day and 3rd place yesterday. I`m happy about my run yesterday, first day was ok but it took me long to pick a line and finally I came to the start just 5 minutes before I had to drop in. Not perfect, but my fault...

my line - contest day 2

My friends Flo Orley and Mitch Tölderer got 1. and 2. place - yeahhh!!

The best run anyway was right after contest. Samuel Anthamatten, by the way winner in ski category - congrats!!! and me did an insane russian spine line. Terrain here offers crazy stuff, from magic treeruns to steep lines like in Alaska... it was super nice days here in Krasnaya Polyana!!! I`ll definitely come back!

"Doppelmayer" gondolas in Krasnya Polyana

Samuel and my "spine line" - so fucking good!!

riders meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment