Wednesday 23 March 2011

FWT Verbier Xtreme


4th place at the Verbier Xtreme - another time close to the podium at the Xtreme like in 2009!! I had a really good run all the way down, specially the upper part was great. I did a exposed drop into a steep and narrow snow field, followed by some clean stomped cliffs. Unfortunately in the lower part of my run I hit a rock or something just while riding and had a fall - No perfect run...

Nevertheless I`m super happy about the feedback I got from riders and judges. Xavier de Le Rue was thinking about a similar line at the top and watched me droping in, as he had a later BIB number. After he told me he was really impressed how fast and easy I managed this part. Yeahh!!

In the Freeride World Tour OVERALL ranking I ended up in 5th place! STOKED!!

The Worldchampion title 2011 goes to my friend Mitch Tölderer - congrats!! Mitch showed impressive riding the hole season, 2nd overall Flo Orley, 3rd Xavier de Le Rue. Mitch, Flo and I ride a lot together as we all live in the wonderfull city called Innsbruck, best place on earth ;) Seems like...

Verbier was great like always and the "Freeride World Tour end of season party" was lot of fun - see you all next year again!! Ohhhh yeaH !!

Watch "Verbier Best of"

No comments:

Post a Comment