Monday 1 February 2010

FWT Chamonix

Blue sky and 50cm of fresh snow... Yesterday we finally had the first Freerideworldtour event in 2010 in Chamonix. Beside good powder in the face, there were some tricky parts with ice and rocks. I choose a different line as the other snowboarders, who all started from starting gate Nr.2. My run was pretty good and fast in the upper part of the face. For the lower part I decided to go for an interesting, but also exposed double. Unfortunatly I didn't get enough grip on my edge after the first smaller drop because of hard snow, more like ice, and had a big fall. Luckily I didn't hurt myself, but ended up 14th. Try to make it better next time ;)

Today we have a photoshoot for "Men's Health" magazine and on wednesday we all go to Courmayeur, Italy for the next competition instead of Russia. Not too bad, specially because we expect good conditions there!!


“Pentes de l’Hôtel” face at the Brévent ski area

(blue) where I wanted to go, (red) upper part

finish gate below the face

No comments:

Post a Comment