Thursday 18 March 2010

Chamonix steeps

Mont Blanc du Tacul:
left - Gervasutti Couloir, right - Jäger Couloir (700m)


The last few days I spend in Chamonix with my friends Scherer Reini and Andi Geisler to ride some steeps. We started to ride the Rond Glacier face, next to Cosmiques hut - a 45-50°/ 800m descent. Conditions were good, the snow was pretty hard and some parts icy and rocky. No problem for us, even more challenge...

The next day we went for the 50-55°/ 700m Jäger Couloir down from Mont Blanc du Tacul(4248m). In the morning we took the gondola up to the Aiguille du Midi, rode down to the beginnig of the Couloir and hiked up to the end. To change from crampons to the board in this steep is really not easy, but with my FLOW Bindings I felt safe because I`m able to strap in facing the slope. I started first, the snow was firm and good to ride. Reini and Andi followed down the couloir and we all were super stoked about that day!!!!!!!!

To be continued...

climbing up

close to the top

first turns down the steep 700m couloir

attention: some rocks...

view down to the glacier

after the most difficult part

yeahhhhhhh

Vallèe Blanche

No comments:

Post a Comment