Wednesday 30 January 2013

FWT #3 Chamonix/ FRA

Within 30 minutes you can go from Courmayeur to Chamonix by taking the tunnel just through the Mont Blanc massif. The difference between this two places is much bigger than the distance...

The whole set up for the event here in Chamonix in huge and it`s great to be one of the riders who is qualified. It`s always a good atmosphere in the event village at the center of Chamonix where BIB draw and price giving ceremony take place.
face check
my line in Chamonix
Luckily the snowboarders start first again, this means also that we have to wake up very early on contest day: 5:30am breakfast time, 6:30 first gondola, 7:00 start hiking in the dark and finally 9:00 we are supposed to drop in.

Knowing that the snow is good, I decided to go for a line that could be good enough for a podium. I started good, had some fresh turns and went fast and clean till the double drop, which was my last feature in my run. Unfortunately I had a butt check, which was not good at all - 12th place.
always important to scope the line with different angles

"on mountain" riders meeting



upper part of my run




After watching the other riders, I went up to Aiguille du Midi together with Christina, Otto and Laura who came here for the first time. We enjoyed the great panoramic view up there and went down the "Valleè Blanche" - a 2800 vertical metre descent to Chamonix.

on top of Aiguille du Midi


Otto looking for crevasses to drop

FLOW boards in love ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment